Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Carlsbad Vacation

We had a BLAST with my family last week in Carlsbad, CA! Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of my mom, or of the Taylor family, so sorry in advance to them. We did have a great time with everyone though!

Jamie, Andrea, Suzanne and I stayed with our families in the Gage House. It's a really beautiful house, originally built in the 1930s I believe, by Luther Gage. My mom is writing a book about him, and being in Carlsbad gives her time to look up lots of information about him. :)
On Tuesday, we went to LEGOLAND!! It was so fun to see my nieces and nephews having such a good time here, and I loved hanging out with my family.

This is Andrea's authentic face when she realized this ride sped up around the corners. Hold on Danielle!
Will was yelling "Yeah Baby! This is best ride EVER!" so loud that the lady running the ride was cracking up.
This was the only ride Logan could go on, a little boat ride through fairy tales. Obviously, he loved it, and will cherish this memory for years to come.
We also got to go to the aquarium that was attached to Legoland. Look at that awesome King Crab!
On one of the other days we went to the beach with the Phillips and the Maughans. Logan did surprisingly well in the front pack, he even fell asleep for a while.





When we were driving home from this vacation, I asked Chris what his favorite part of the whole week was. He said, "Honestly, just hanging out with everyone, playing cards at the end of the night." Dang it, he took mine. :)


Thank you wonderful family and husband for making this trip possible. We had a wonderful time, and can't wait to see you guys again soon. Miss you already!




2 comments:

  1. Great trip! Thanks for making the effort to be there. So very glad to have us all together. Um, I AM in a picture there. That's me pushing the stroller at Legoland. And why do you refer to me as "him"? And the house was built in 1924. Just a few editing notes for you. :) Love you so much. See you before the year's out! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! Glad you got to all be together. And I love the family pic of you 3 on the beach.

    ReplyDelete