Thursday, October 6, 2011

COUPONING!

I finally tried my hand at couponing yesterday. First of all, it was pretty stressful to be at the grocery store for over an hour, and after a full day of working and getting over a cold, I was NOT in the mood. I got a little frustrated when I found a coupon that matched a product, and then discovered that another brand of the same product was cheaper than the "after coupon" price. BUT we were able to save $13.10 on our bill, which is pretty good for our first time! I also found out that my grocery store doubles coupons that are under $1.00. I thought that this meant that if I had a 75 cent coupon, they would just make it a dollar, but I was wrong. As long as the face value is under a dollar, it actually DOUBLES! So, 55 cent and above coupons are actually worth MORE than dollar coupons! I'm learning as I go! 


My best purchase, the one I'm the most proud of was 2 Ham Steaks. They were on sale for 2/$5, and I was able to print off 2 coupons from the Hatfield website, each for $2 off of one item, making them 50 CENTS EACH!! That is unheard of for meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment