I have to say, the beginning part of being a new mom was extremely hard. There was one point where Chris and I slept maybe an hour in a 3 day period, and I really thought we weren't going to make it, having a baby was just too hard, and it was obvious to me in my sleep deprived state that I just wasn't cut out for it. I was sure I would never do it again.
(This is a picture from those 3 days, proving that Logan was tired too!)
What a difference some sleep makes! Seriously, I keep telling everyone that an important ingredient in a good marriage is sleep. Also, once that baby starts smiling and giving you some kind of indication he's aware that you're putting some effort in, the tables turn, and it all seems completely worth it. I cannot tell you how different I feel now, and how the hardships in the beginning seem like a dream. I obviously know that I have many more hardships ahead of me with all that growing up entails, but I am definitely now loving the baby stages. He is so interactive, so playful and sweet, so excited to see us and give us those adorable smiles I'm so fond of.
I'm still kind of proud that I caught this first smile. Awesome.
I had an amazing weekend with my baby. I'm just so overwhelmed with how much happiness I get from him. We didn't even do that much, some walks, shopping, toys and reading and we're both very happy. Tonight, Chris came home from work before dinner (a rare occasion for our family) and I enjoyed even more the opportunity to have my little family all together for the bedtime routine. He helped me bathe him and feed him, and then my absolute favorite part came.
It seriously brought tears to my eyes to see my boys reading books together. How incredibly sweet, and how incredibly lucky I feel to have such a blessed life. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment