This last weekend, on July 22nd, we celebrated our 2nd anniversary. I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful husband. He found tickets to see Idina Menzel perform with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and got them for our anniversary. Most husbands wouldn't even know who Idina is, let alone remember her name well enough to look for tickets, so I was extremely surprised to find out that's who we were going to see! Some people we see in concert are for both of us, and although I know Chris really did enjoy himself at the concert, this was completely me, something he wouldn't have gone to at all had it not been for me. I'm so grateful he's this thoughtful! We were also lucky that this lined up with when my parents were coming. Otherwise, I don't think I could've left Logan with anyone overnight. It was our first night away from our little boy, and I missed him a lot, but it was so fun!
Before the concert, we went to dinner at The Sonoma Grille thesonomagrille.com
(In case anyone wants to check it out if you're in the Pittsburgh area!)
This was seriously the best dining experience I've ever had. Besides having amazing food, we had a waiter named Michael who was by far the best waiter I've ever met. First of all, we couldn't finish all of our food, but we were walking straight to the concert from the restaurant, so we said we couldn't get boxes. He quickly said "I'll just keep your boxes in the fridge here and you can pick them up after the show." I protested a bit, not sure if we'd be back before they closed, but he insisted he would be there doing his side work, and we could knock on the door. Then, it started raining and although we only had 3 blocks to walk, we didn't have an umbrella. Michael immediately offered us his personal umbrella! It was actually a little small, so we both got wet anyway, but the gesture was so incredibly sweet, I didn't care. We were able to make it back there about 2 minutes before they closed, and when we walked in Michael said "It's been bothering me all night that I knew it was your anniversary and I did nothing for you." Let me just tell you that we were not expecting anything. It was a fancy restaurant and in my experience, those places don't normally hand out free desserts for special occasions. But this awesome waiter went to get our leftovers and came back with their special dessert of the night, a salted caramel mousse with chocolate ice cream. At this point, we were already impressed, we had already paid and tipped, and this guy was just sweet out of the goodness of his heart, not because he was hoping to get anything from us. That sealed the deal for us that we are eating here anytime we're in Pittsburgh from now on!
The concert was incredible. Idina was a little sick, but to me, it just made her a little more real and hilarious on stage. And of course her singing was amazing as well. This was her last concert before returning to Broadway to do a new musical called If/Then. The best part of that news is that it's premiering in DC for a month before going to Broadway, and we are definitely going to see her again there!
All of this added to the awesomeness that is my marriage and my husband and being able to celebrate 2 years of being married to him. I'm incredibly lucky to have him, and even though we have our problems like every couple, I know I can count on him, and I know he's constantly thinking about what's best for our family. Here's to many more anniversaries!!
No comments:
Post a Comment